Friday 1 August 2008

End-to-end diary

On 1st June 2008, I set out with five other cyclists from Land's End in the south west of England. Fourteen days later we arrived at John O'Groats in north-eastern Scotland, having cycled the length of Great Britain, a distance of almost 1,000 miles.


I started this blog to keep my friends, family and other supporters updated with our progress during the ride. Every night I used a handheld computer to add a new entry to the blog describing the day's ride. You can read the day-by-day report using the links on the right.

Now the ride is over I have added some more general information about the ride, with the hope of helping, and perhaps encouraging, others who are considering such a journey. I've added maps to the daily reports showing exactly where we went. I've also added pages listing where we stayed and what I took. And I've tried to give a general idea about what the ride was like. If you've been contemplating doing this ride, I hope it inspires you to do actually do it! Nigel Deakin

No comments:

Post a Comment