Sunday 6 July 2008

Thank you!

It's time to give an update on how much money Geoff, Tom and I have raised for our chosen charities. At the time of writing I have raised £667 for Derbyshire Association for the Blind (now Sight Support Derbyshire), Geoff has raised a stunning £1500 for Cambridge Cancer Help Centre and Tom (our radio star) has raised a stunning £2000 for Headway Cambridgeshire We are all delighted that, due to the generosity of our sponsors, our chosen charities have received a total of over £4000. Thank you to everybody who made a donation. For me, however, raising money for charity was not the main purpose of the ride and I don't want to give the impression that I put myself through 14 days of misery in order to raise money. On the contrary: I had a wonderful time. I did the ride this for pleasure; because I love cycling and because it's the perfect way to see the towns and countryside of Britain.

No comments:

Post a Comment